Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Keep the money here or let some go offshore?

Thoroughly depressing shopping day!...My pay has been burning a hole in my pocket for a week now so today I decided to do something about it. A week or so ago I managed to rip a pretty big hole in the knee of my last good pair of tights and was gutted at the prospect of lasting a year with no tights. I searched http://www.madefromnewzealand.com/  for stockings/tights just on the off chance that possibly someone here might make them and 'Columbine' turned up. Not only are they one of the cheapest brands, from my experience they are the longest lasting. They also have heaps of different styles and colours so yay for Columbine! Next time you need some stockings check them out. After this wee win I went to check out the skincare section as my moisteriser is getting very low. I was rather suprised to find several 'made in New Zealand' brands. However, I was a bit sceptical so came home and googled them. Turns out I have another Dilmah situation on my hands...whilst the products are made here, they are made for offshore companies. I know there are skincare products being made here for local companies but the ones I have come across have been quite outside my price range. So...do I save and splash out on some made by New Zealand companies or do I go for the option made by offshore companies?

1 comment:

Annabel said...

What about Skinfood? Not sure of your price range but I think it's very good value - http://www.goodbook.co.nz/product/12/