Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dilmah Dilemma...

Ok so first post...It's been 10 days now and has been easier than I thought to live off New Zealand made products. I've only really bought food and drink though so seasonal fruit and the like. I did buy some Dilmah iced tea though, thought I was doing good by passing over my more favoured Lipton for the NZ made Dilmah. However, I later realised that while producing here creates job opportunities, the profit will still go back to Mr Dilamh in Sri Lanka. So...my Dilmah dilemma...to buy or not to buy?...Probably not, I'm not that attached to it anyway.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tricky dilemma, one that I'm sure will come up a lot! I guess its not technically NZ made, but then is any tea? or coffee for that matter?

Sarah said...

I know!...Could you even imagine going a year without tea or coffee? I did find some people selling 'NZ made' tea but surely they didn't grow it here??? Who knows! There are a few coffee places around that buy in beans and roast them here. Most things that are 'NZ made' use imported ingredients anyway. Switch, a wee cafe/roastery in New Brighton does delicious coffee so will most probably buy it from there. They also ship to anywhere in the country, you should give it a go!

Cathy Knight said...

Hey

Just found your blog and love it. Funny coincidence...I was just wondering yesterday how long I could survive if only able to use the stuff in our storeroom, and I decided it would be quite a while. And today I discover you out there doing it...

Yell out if you are looking for something, as we have been sourcing NZ made for a while and know about all sorts of weird and wonderful products (which may not be on our site).


Ps - Did you know there is tea grown in NZ, but not cheap. https://www.zealong.com