Sunday, May 9, 2010

Zerobag - An awesome NZ made alternative to the plastic shopping bag

Has anyone stumbled across Zerobag bags yet? They're made here, from recycled parachutes soucred locally. When I heard that I thought 'why would I want a bag made of parachute?' I had assumed that parachute material would be big and bulky but no, it's really thin but also super strong. When the Zerobag team told me that the bags would hold 16 bottles of wine I thought they were having a laugh so I tried to catch them out. I didn't have that many bottles so raided the book shelf, filled the bag right up with books and it survived, I should have just believed them to begin with! Not only are they super strong, they pack down so small that I usually have to hunt through my handbag to find it.

2 comments:

Leanne from Feel at Home said...

What a fantastic concept! I would love to help you along the way. Can I send you a bar of NZ made 100% New Zealand Soap? Made with Olive Oil from Whangape Grove, Chamomile that was grown here in NZ and distilled here, and made by Feel at Home (that's me!) in Whangaparaoa! Good luck - I will follow this blog with keen interest! I have often wondered if living completely locally would work, and if so, how hard, or expensive is it! Good for you!

Mr S-W said...

Go Sarah? Did you see the post from the company on FB? They love you man.