Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Batteries: I just can't do without them.

I was rushing to get to an interview in the weekend when I realised I had left my pen and paper at home. I had my dictaphone, but the batteries were almost flat and probably wouldn’t have lasted through the interview.

As I was already running late I didn’t want to turn around to find a Whitcoulls or such shop where I know they sell New Zealand-made pens and paper, and I knew I'd be driving past a supermarket. The supermarket sold made-in-NZ Bic pens but not paper, all the batteries were made in China. I knew I was going to need batteries at some point though as I rely on my dictaphone so I went ahead and bought them. Unfortunately they had no rechargeable ones so I had to buy the disposables. Rechargeables are the way to go though, not only will they reduce the amount of batteries in landfills, they will reduce the amount of foreign bought goods I will need this year.


No comments: