Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Health Basics, a cheap NZ made alternative.

I can’t believe I didn’t think of them before: the Health Basics range is made here. They’re really cheap compared to other New Zealand made skincare ranges and you can find them almost anywhere, even in The Warehouse. It really is a bit slack that they’re usually on the bottom shelf though. Whatever reasons supermarkets actually have for which products go on which shelves, the ones on the bottom are not going to be bought if people can’t see them as well. I know hardly ever look at the bottom shelves. I’m not sure if the supermarkets always carry their whole range either, I found a kiwifruit scrub in the clearance bin today but I’ve never seen it on the shelf before. Anyway, it is an amazing scrub. It has large exfoliating particles though so not an everyday scrub. Skinfood do an amazing everyday scrub though, I’ve been using it for at least a month now and it’s definitely as good, if not better than the American made one I was using before.

1 comment:

louisa said...

The cheapest products are almost always found on the very top and very bottom shelves, products at eye level are usually more expensive.
Supermarkets have a whole host of ways of getting you to buy the things they want you to buy (usually the more expensive products).
This same design psychology is the reason why all supermarkets have fruit and veges as soon as you walk in the door and then the other 4 corners usually consist of bread, milk and meat.