Monday, March 8, 2010

NZ paper?

So I looked up Warwick and Croxley online today. The Croxley website lists Warwicks' 'country of origin' as New Zealand, even says it's a 'New Zealand icon', the Olympic brand too. Why do only the loose leaf refill pads and the 50c notebooks say they are made in New Zealand then? If the other products aren't made here why is New Zealand listed as the country of origin? Maybe it's just that manufacturing has moved offshore. Is it ok to buy then? Afterall it is (supposedly) a New Zealand icon and I need to get paper from somewhere. Fortunately I don't really need more than refill except printer paper but I can do my printing at Uni. I still have to pay for printing at Uni but my money doesn't go directly on paper, or ink for that matter so does it count? Probably yes but at this stage I don't see a way around it.
Photo courtesy of Kristian D. via Flickr.

1 comment:

Mr S-W said...

Hey I was wondering about things that were second hand? Like you can often pick up stationary from second hand stores like the sallies (depends on the store though)...then even if its made in China you are buying it second hand and therefore giving the money to NZ??
Like I was in the Red Cross the other day and bought the NZ made plates rather than the Chinese ones...but then I was wondering if it really mattered anyway as it was second hand...(although I do love my cool NZ pottery plates!)