Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So I've had this awful flu/cold for a few days but can't buy panadol or other medicines to help get rid of it! Luckily I had a wee stash of panadol but I'm now down to 4, maybe 6 which won't last long. I've been making lemon drinks with honey which are good for the throat but do nothing for the head. So what should I do?...Just buy the panadol anyway? Last time I was at the docs I asked him to look up what medicines are made here. There were only about 6, one of which is ibuprofen or some form of. I can't find it anywhere though so assume it's a prescription only deal, only I can't afford to go to the doc.  So, either I suck it up and try the mind-over-matter thing or fail and buy it...

I can't even put ginger in my drinks, it's all imported (whole ginger). We do have wild ginger growing here but I've never heard of any outside Waikato and it's the wrong time of year to stick some in the garden...but it's so delicious!

Greggs, which I'm sure you'll find in any New Zealanders pantry, sell ginger. It's not made here, but it is packaged here. I've been assuming this is ok, it's just like Coke being made here except Greggs is a New Zealand company.

Photo: ms.tea

1 comment:

Marino said...

not sure if it counts but perhaps a little whisky in your lemon honey drink might help ease dee head..