Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ok so I'm in Tauranga, when I unpacked my bag last night I discovered I had left my deodorant at home!
I want the ecostore deo which is $12.90, twice the price of supermarket, foreign made deo but it is made here and it's aluminum and paraben free. However, no-one in Tauranga sells it and it's going to cost me $12 for postage from Auckland (or Palmy) which I think is ridiculous...and I only have $15.
So my options are to wait a week till I'm back in Auckland and visit their shop there but go without in the meantime or run down to the supermarket and grab whatever is on special there.
I'm sposed to be climbing a mountain today and have a couple of parties to go to over the next couple of days...and the friends I'm staying with are somewhat opposed to me going without deo so it looks at though I might just have to buy it...or maybe reassess the situation at the end of today.

2 comments:

Marino said...

You could try baking soda as an alternative to get you through the week. I haven't tried it myself yet but blogger Beth Terry (http://fakeplasticfish.com) swears by it.

But the other option is if there is a Lush store in Tauranga somewhere then maybe try their deodourant bars. I know some of their products are made in New Zealand but I'm not sure about the deodourant bars. Could check out their website anyway http://lushnz.com

Leighcat said...

more about deodorant ... if you are stuck without it - maybe a change of diet will help ...
http://body.blognows.com/2010/07/16/natural-foods-to-prevent-body-odor/